Haufe Group is Germany's leading provider for digital workplace solutions and services as well as education through our market leading Haufe Akademie. We have developed and proven ourselves consistently as a specialist provider for web based services. As future-oriented, internationally acting family business, Haufe employs around 2.000 people who work with passion for the continued success of our customers.
As part of the Haufe Group we, the "Aurora" Team, develop the platform for Haufe Office Line. It's the foundational piece of software on which many successful digital content products are build upon. To make sure it stays this way, we are looking for you as a Senior Backend Developer on the Freiburg Campus.
Our team motto: "There is no single superhero. Each one of us is a superhero with different strengths and weaknesses, together we are stronger."
About the team and the technology stack:
You will join a high performing team with full ownership of Haufe´s central knowledge plattform which provides very successful products called "Office Lines". We use the latest technologies and tools to focus our efforts in the added value that our products provides. We work with DevOps as a mindset. Continuous integration and Continuous deployment will be your daily routine. We work side by side with design, product management, marketing and sales teams. The focus is the product and our customers, you will provide the tech to make it happen. The web development stack we are utilising includes Angular, Typescript and Sass. We also maintain an offline version of the application which deploys the webapp inside an Electron container. The backend stack consists of Microservices realised with Springboot, Python and Node with Gradle and Maven as build environments. Builds are orchestrated with a Jenkins build server. The infrastructure is deployed and developed with Kubernetes on Azure.
What we expect from you:
- Proven, multiyear experience as full stack engineer on a senior level
- Able to work with our technology stack and are living clean code principles (KISS, YAGNI, ...)
- Experienced in working with Git, pull requests and code reviews.
- Well familiar with cloud stacks like AWS and Azure
- Deep experience in some major programming languages
- Experience in the Ops / infrastructure part: Python, shell scripting, CI/CD, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
- DevOps experience and mindset: You feel responsible for your code and your builds
- Together with us, you are willing to take over the full responsibility for our product.
- You are driven by a strong awareness for quality and are able to connect with our customers
- Good grasp on spoken and written English, German knowledge is an advantage
- You don’t just work on code, you bring a product to life, from the inner infrastructure to the final User Experience
What you can expect from us:
As a Team
- We are an open team with a very high level of cohesion and trust. We always support each other. There is nothing that can't be addressed, every opinion matters
- Agile Software Development: We are quite an experienced team in terms of Scrum and Kanban, frequently questioning our way of working is normal for us. That's why we are occasionally visited by people who want to learn from us
- A constructive way of dealing with failure. We are convinced that stumbling is not a shame, but instead plays an important role in learning continuously
- An open, dynamic, and flexible corporate culture
- A family owned company with clear focus on people
- Opportunity to develop your talent with a goal oriented team
- Flexible working conditions (homeoffice, working times, location, ...) are normal for us. And not only since Corona
- Participation in company events in our international offices
- Lots of freedom and responsibility in your daily job
- Social benefits: Systematic education offers, JobRad offers, Hansefit membership and various sports groups
About Haufe and what we stand for in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYLFJz6NAEE&feature=youtu.be
And here you´ll find more about our platform: www.haufe.de/idesk
Tips for your application
- We would like to get to know you – what motivates you, what do you want to achieve? What do you want to learn and how do you develop yourself?
What do you bring with you that can help us providing better software to our customers?
- Show us what you’re working on. This is a senior position, show us how you qualify. Include samples, links, websites, github accounts etc. Private or business related.
We are looking forward hearing from you!